Wednesday 24 October 2012

Hope of all the world


“Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen.
He is my Beloved, who pleases me.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
He will not fight or shout
or raise his voice in public.
He will not crush the weakest reed
or put out a flickering candle.
Finally he will cause justice to be victorious.
And his name will be the hope
of all the world.” 
- Matthew 12:18



These are the words God spoke about Jesus. If there is one single thing that I’m most grateful for in this life, it is that God has blessed me with the hope of all the world - Jesus. God blessed me with salvation and He opened the eyes of my heart to know that He is real.

"I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called--his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance." - Ephesians 1:18 (New Living Translation)


What I desire is that I would continue to know Him more. I’m reminded of Paul who walked so closely with God that He was taken to the Holy of holies, the most intimate place of Gods presence but he still said “I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death.”  - Philipians 3:10

You would think that Paul knew a whole lot about God. It’s impossible to know God completely, He is so awesome, His kingdom is infinite. No one can comprehend Him entirely. All we can do is worship Him and express our love and affection to Him who laid down His all for us who were once sinners.

Never stop thanking Him, never stop loving Him, never stop worshiping Him, he alone is worthy.

I’ve had these lyrics playing in my heart the past few days:
Though I walk through valleys low
I'll fear no evil
By the waters still my soul,
My heart will trust in You





No comments:

Post a Comment