Sunday 8 September 2013

He's Able

Psalm 138
Thanksgiving to God

LORD, I thank you with all of my heart;
because you heard the words that I spoke,
I will sing your praise before the heavenly beings.
I will bow down in worship toward your holy Temple
and give thanks to your name for your gracious love and truth,
for you have done great things
to carry out your word
consistent with your name.
When I called out, you answered me;
you strengthened me.
LORD, all the kings of the earth will give you thanks,
for they have heard what you have spoken.
They will sing about the ways of the LORD,
for great is the glory of the LORD!
Though the LORD is highly exalted,
yet he pays attention to those who are lowly regarded,
but he is aware of the arrogant from afar.
Though I walk straight into trouble,
you preserve my life,
stretching out your hand
to fight the vehemence of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.
The LORD will complete what his purpose is for me.
LORD, your gracious love is eternal;
do not abandon your personal work in me.

This is such a beautiful piece of scripture. My favourite verse is number 8: "The LORD will complete what his purpose is for me."

This morning my friend played this song, It was the first time I'd heard it,  I fell in love with it instantly and I've been playing it on repeat since. 

The lyrics are in line with the scripture in psalms 138: 

Exceedingly, Abundantly
Above all, all you could ask or think
According to, the power
That worketh in you, you...
God is able to do just what He said He would do
He's gonna fulfill every promise to you
Don't give up on God, cause he won't give up on you
He's able

Deitrick Haddon - He's Able





No comments:

Post a Comment