Saturday 17 August 2013

Thankful heart

Hello friends,

It's been forever and a day since I've posted a blog entry. I've got so many things I want to post about. So much has happened in my life since my last entry and I'd like to share my experiences with you. Since then I got braces and I've started studying which is probably the main reason why I haven't had time to post or do pretty much anything. I barley spend time with my friends and family or anybody else really besides my text books but it's a very new, challenging and enriching journey that I'll share with you some other time though cause right now I just want to right about how I'm blown away by how gracious our God is.

So many people suffer from stress or stress related illnesses. Some have challenges in their body and suffer afflictions of all kind of excruciating pains. Many in today’s modern society have abnormal disorders that vary. Some people are slaves to depression and other chemical imbalances in their bodies. In some countries civilians fear for their lives on a daily basis. Others are in a constant fight with poverty, lack and injustice. The list is endless really. There are many who long for freedom, in their minds, in their hearts, forgiveness, liberation, and restoration. People are dealing with issues that haunt them even in their sleep making it difficult for them to even close their eyes at night.

So I’m just here taken aback at how faithful God has been to me. When I wake up I see the sunshine and I see beautiful trees that adorn my neighborhood. The sky is blue and everything that was supposed to get me down just seems so insignificant because God just magnifies Himself in my situations and everything seems to be okay and I’m filled with joy and peace in my mind, and I can laugh without pretending till my stomach hurts.




It’s really the grace and mercy of God that allows us to have sane lives in a world of calamity like ours, no matter how difficult our adversities may be God has ensured our victory. There’s a scripture I quote to myself when I feel like giving in sometimes.

For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
- Deuteronomy 20:4

Don’t sweat the small stuff; God is greater than it all. He is willing and able to deliver us His children from all afflictions: mind, body, spirit; believe it!

I hope I get the time to post as frequently as I wish. I've missed blogging. Keep well.


No comments:

Post a Comment